Our Probate Fees
Looking To Obtain Probate Without Further
Stress, Strain Or Pain?
Obtaining Probate can be incredibly stressful, at the most emotionally taxing time of your life.
Let Cato Solicitors remove your stress, and expertly obtain it on your behalf…
Obtaining Probate after someone has died is an unpleasant, complicated but highly necessary legal requirement.
The good news is that you don’t need to do it yourself.
Our expert team at Cato Solicitors are perfectly placed to obtain Probate for you, meaning you don’t have more unnecessary stress and strain at a time when you can really do without it.
What you get with Cato Solicitors’ Probate service?
We’ll help you through the difficult and stressful process of obtaining the
Grand of Probate. This includes:
- Obtaining the Grant
- Collecting Assets
- Distributing Assets
Cato Solicitors will complete the entire process, including
- Provide you with a dedicated and experienced probate solicitor to work on your matter
- Identify the legally appointed executors or administrators and beneficiaries
- Accurately identify the type of Probate application you will require
- Obtain the relevant documents required to make the application
- Complete the Probate Application and the relevant HMRC forms
- Draft a legal oath for you to swear
- Make the application to the Probate Court on your behalf
- Obtain the Probate and securely send two copies to you
What are the costs?
Our Probate Service is available for a fixed fee of £1,800 including VAT, plus disbursements of approximately £465, which include a Probate court fee, swearing of the oath, land charges department searches, post in the London Gazette and post in local newspaper (helping to protect against unexpected claims).
How long will it take?
On average, estates that fall within this range are dealt with within 2-3 months. Typically, obtaining the grant Probate takes 8-12 weeks.
What’s the next step?
We’ll be on hand to answer any questions you have, ensure your case is suitable and if we’re mutually happy to continue, we’ll get started.